To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it.
Annual Giving: Please use Tax ID 94-1552793 when filing for tax deductions and/or matching gifts.
Ventana School is committed to providing children and their families with a safe and stimulating environment where a love of learning is shared and cultivated. It is through our 'culture of giving' that the Ventana community is able to provide resources, both in and out of the classroom, that enrich the vibrancy of our school programs. View and read testimonials on Great Schools or Yelp. Visit and LIKE us on Facebook. Or click HERE to hear from 5th grade teacher Amanda Stewart.
Ways to give:
There are many ways that our community members show their support throughout the year including volunteering in the classroom, assisting with school-wide events, and/or making generous donations to the Annual Giving Fund and Spring Social & Art Auction. Whether your gift is time, talent, or treasure, every gift can make a big difference.
As is always the case with young independent schools, Ventana operates on a lean budget. Expenses for our labor intensive organization exceed income. Tuition is the primary source of revenue, followed by the proceeds from fundraising efforts. The goals of our annual giving campaign are simple:
- To provide Competitive Salaries: Crucial when hiring and retaining our amazingly qualified, Reggio-trained teachers and staff!
- To provide Affordable Tuition: Ventana offers a most singularly spectacular program with a full suite of specialist teachers and extraordinarily low teacher to student ratios. Modest annual tuition increases don't come close full-funding when compared to other Bay Area programs.
100% family participation is our 2017-18 goal! We look forward to having every family, every faculty or staff member, administrators and Board members, as well as other "friends of Ventana" joining in the campaign.
Fund Raising: Annual Fall Festival
This annual happening celebrates children and the harvest season. It is a carnival day filled with fun and games, face-painting, crafts, a bike-a-thon, and 'marathon' foot race and obstacle course.
DATE: Saturday, October 21st (2017) 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Fund Raising: Annual Spring Social, Children's Art, with Silent & Live Auction
The Annual Spring Social and Auction is a night for adults to come together in a themed gala social event. This fund-raiser provides Ventana with additional operating budget revenue to fill a number of needs. This event also target specific school needs through an "ask" we call "Fund-A-Need." Example Fund-A-Need items from last year's auction are:
- Coding Lab: MacBooks and training so that the staff can offer coding classes next term.
- Mobile Partitions that Support Pop Up Classrooms: Allows for simultaneous sessions in Science, Music and Art within Graham Hall
- STEM Materials: Funding to support more STEM and Design Thinking Programs
- Legacy: Wooden benches for the preschool piazza and playground
For information about last year's Auction click HERE.
DATE: Saturday, March 17th (2018) 5:30 - 10:00 PM
- Spend time in the classroom, chaperone field trips, prepare materials at home
- Sign up for volunteer training in September of each year
- Become a ROOM PARENT
- Sign up to volunteer for an event or school-wide activity through iVolunteer
- Visit the VePA page of this website for more ways to get involved