To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it.
Ventana School is committed to providing children and their families with a safe and stimulating environment where a love of learning is shared and cultivated. It is through our 'culture of giving' that the Ventana community is able to provide resources - both in and out of the classroom - that enrich the vibrancy of our school programs. Click HERE to view testimonial from 4th/5th grade teacher Amanda Stewart.
Ways to give:
There are many ways that our community members show their support throughout the year including volunteering in the classroom, assisting with school-wide events and making generous donations to the Annual Giving Fund and Spring Social & Art Auction. Whether your gift is time, talent, or treasure, every gift can make a big difference.
As is the case with young independent schools, Ventana operates on a lean budget. And expenses exceed income. Tuition is the primary source of income, followed by the proceeds from fundraising efforts. The goals of our annual giving campaign are simple:
- Competitive Salaries: Crucial in being able able to retain our amazingly qualified teachers and staff!
- Affordable Tuition: Ventana offers one of the most amazing programs. Even a modest increase doesn't come close to comparable programs.
Click here to donate or learn more about Annual Giving Fund.
100% participation is our goal - and we look forward to everyone joining in!
Saturday, October 29th (2016)
Spring Social and Art Auction
The Annual Spring Social and Auction provides Ventana with additional operating budget to fill a number of needs. We are also targeting specific ask in a Fund-A-Need. Example Fund-A-Need items from last year's auction are:
- Coding Lab: MacBooks and training so that the staff can offer coding classes next term.
- Pop Up Classrooms: Allows for simultaneous sessions in Science, Music and Art within Graham Hall
- STEM: Funding to support more STEM and Design Thinking Programs
- Legacy: Wooden benches for the preschool piazza and playground
For information about last year's Auction click HERE.
Saturday, April 29th (2017)
- Spend time in the classroom, chaperone field trips, prepare materials at home
- Sign up for volunteer training in September of each year
- Sign up to volunteer for an event or school-wide activity through iVolunteer